Experienced, Dedicated Attorney Available To Defend You In The Face Of Theft Charges
If you have been accused or charged with any type of theft — larceny, fraud or another type — your future may be greatly impacted. The sooner you get a knowledgeable defense lawyer on your side, the more opportunities you will have to avoid serious repercussions. Sometimes, accusations of theft can be resolved and criminal charges can be avoided altogether if a lawyer comes on board before charges have been filed.
Law Office of Alejandro Martinez, PLLC, in Austin and Georgetown has helped many people recover a positive path forward despite accusations of theft or criminal charges. For best results, we recommend obtaining legal counsel as soon as possible. You can expect an honest, helpful conversation with defense lawyer Alejandro Martinez and a plan of action for your defense. Previously a prosecutor for the Dallas City Attorney’s Office and Williamson County Attorney’s Office, he understands how to prepare defenses likely to succeed before a prosecutor, judge or jury.
What Actions Meet The Definition Of Theft?
In Texas as elsewhere, proving a crime of theft requires demonstrating specific intent by the accused to permanently deprive someone else of their rightful property. Actions meeting the definition of theft may include:
- Taking or accepting property from someone that is known to have been stolen: Pawn shop owners are sometimes accused of this offense.
- Failing to take reasonable actions to verify that something received had not been stolen: This may happen if you bought a used car without obtaining evidence that the seller had right to the title.
- “Borrowing” something with no intent to return it.
- Shoplifting or similarly committing fraud through store returns with price tags switched.
- ID theft, credit card fraud and other types of fraud.
- Embezzlement: This term often describes situations where someone with access to funds belonging to a company or nonprofit organization takes resources from those accounts for personal use without authorization.
With Law Office of Alejandro Martinez, PLLC, as your advocate when you are under suspicion of a theft offense, you can count on compassion, confidentiality, honesty and collaboration. Defense attorney Alejandro Martinez will give his full attention to helping you understand the legal processes you may face, as well as the most promising course of action. For example, he may help negotiate a deal that includes restitution with no criminal record. Even if the evidence is stacked against you, he may work out a plea bargain allowing you probation and no jail time. These are a few examples of customized defenses that may apply in your case.
Facing Trouble With Theft Allegations? Alejandro Martinez Can Help.
If you are convicted of a theft crime, the offense may be classified anywhere from a class C misdemeanor (when the value of what was taken was less than $100) to a first-degree felony (when what was stolen was worth $200,000 or more). Law Office of Alejandro Martinez, PLLC, is here to help you avoid a conviction if possible — or if a conviction is inevitable, to ensure charges and penalties are as low as possible.
Take charge of your future. Work with a lawyer who truly cares about you and can leverage his experience in support of your freedom and reputation. Call 512-523-5720 or send an email through this website to request a consultation as soon as possible.